Join us as a Training & Competency Manager
Omada Rail Systems provide high quality and value for money signalling and telecommunications services to the Australian Rail Market. With a comprehensive understanding of industry standards, systems and practices globally, Omada Rail Systems provides high quality professional management and engineering services from project inception and feasibility, through to the testing, operations and maintenance phases. As one of the fastest growing rail engineering companies in Australia, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation.
What we’re looking for:
To further the development and growth of the company, we are seeking to add an experienced Training and Competency Manager to our team in Brisbane. The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience in railway-based competencies and will already be an approved railway competency assessor. A Cert IV in ‘Training and Assessment’ (TAE40116) is essential for this role.
About the role:
- To manage the training & industry competencies of the business.
- To manage and complete internal and external competency assessments.
- Advise Managers and employees on a range of training and competency requirements.
- Identify, coordinate and deliver appropriate training courses for our team.
- Maintain structures, processes and systems relating to competency and training management.
- Ensure that training is planned and delivered to team members as per project requirements.
- Ensure team members possess relevant competencies as per project requirements.
- Develop, manage and maintain all key stakeholder relationships.
- To manage and maintain the business Competency Management System.
- Certificate IV in ‘Training and Assessment’ (TAE40116 or equivalent) is essential.
- Degree, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Adult Education, Vocational Education, Organisational Development, Education or Human Resources.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an HR/training role, with in depth exposure to competency and training requirements.
- Experience with railway-based competencies is preferred.
- Multisite site-based training and competency experience.
- Experience dealing with education providers, registered training organisations, skill services organisations, etc.
- Experience in managing or delivering nationally accredited programs within recognised industry training packages.
- Experience in delivering and managing workforce development within infrastructure or construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, to organise and prioritise demands, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to set and meet deadlines and to deliver results.