Join us as a Functional Signalling Tester
What we’re looking for:
Candidates for this role should have approximately 5+ years of experience in rail signalling, preferably with an engineering degree and/or accreditation from one of:
Engineers Australia, Professionals Australia, the Institute of Professional Engineers NZ, and the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers (IRSE).
We are seeking engineers with effective communication and organisation skills, experience in testing & commissioning projects, and a drive to succeed. Who, when working in a team, operate with a structured approach that allows other team members to easily access information. Candidates should like solving technical problems through applying logical reasoning, and enjoy developing creative solutions within the boundaries of fundamental signalling principles, standards and safety requirements. Applicants should also have experience in document control processes and have an effective level of computer and software literacy.
Primary functions of the role:
- Conduct and support functional testing of the wayside equipment and rolling stock in accordance with specifications
- Conduct and support functional testing of on-board systems (Static and Dynamic)
- Support general installation and testing activities
- Support and or lead in the development of internal testing & commissioning (ITC) processes, procedures and development of documents, instructions, certificates and records as required.
- Liaise and interface to project stakeholders providing guidance and support where necessary
- Provide technical support throughout the project
- Provide testing, configuration and commissioning support
- Ensure work is being followed to the project specifications and client’s requirements
- Programming Circuit boards, configuring PLC, setting up equipment, test system and testing level crossings
- Working as part of a team